Look what's landed in time for Christmas? It's our Limited Edition Gingerbread Power Plant Protein and trust us when we say it's delicious in smoothies, stirred into oats and perfect for making Gingerbread Cookies like these by our friend @nic_dimond.
makes approx. 28 cookies
- 300gm all purpose flour
- 200gm Coconut sugar
- 70gm PranaOn Gingerbread Protein Powder
- 20gm Cocoa
- 10gm Ginger powder
- 200gm Nuttalex butter (soft)
- 1 egg replacer (I use Red Bob Mills egg replacer)
- Place all purpose flour, gingerbread protein, ginger & cocoa together into a medium size mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter with the coconut sugar until creamy in texture. Do not overwork, or the cookies will spread during baking.
- Beat in the egg replacer until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until a dough forms. Gather into a ball, wrap in cling wrap and chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead briefly. Roll out to an even thickness and use your gingerbread cookie cutter cut out shapes.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on size and your oven or until golden-brown at the edges.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and once cooked, decorate.
Vegan Royal Icing
- 1/2 cup Aquafaba chilled (liquid from chickpeas)
- 2tsp Vanilla essence
- 4-5 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Whisk in mixer aquafaba till foamy
- Add in vanilla
- Add 1/2 cup to a cup of icing sugar at a time
- Add spoonfuls of water until desired consistency is reached.