Winter is coming…which means this Cinnamon Apple Crumble with Vanilla Protein Nice Cream will be on rotation in our kitchen for the next few months! The recipe by Elisa from @karlilovespoppy is gluten free, vegan and full of wholesome goodness. The warmth and crunch of the apple crumble combines perfectly with the cool creamy protein-rich nice cream. It is the ultimate dessert in the cooler months and makes a delicious breakfast too.
Serves: makes 2 serves
Time: 40 minutes
For the Vanilla Protein Nice Cream:
- Combine all the ingredients in a high speed blender. Work quick, until you get a creamy nicecream texture without chunks.
- Pour the mixture into a metal bowl or container, cover with cling foil and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
For the Crumble:
- Pulse first lot of ingredients until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Then add 1/2 tsp coconut oil, 1/2 tsp water and 1 tbsp oats.
- Quickly mx until a sticky dough forms and place aside, while you prepare the apples.
For the Cinnamon Apples:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Combine and heat everything in a small saucepan and cook for 8-10 minutes on low heat.
- Place the apples in an oven proof dish and crumble the dough on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly browned.
- Divide among two bowls and top with scoops of nice cream and dig in.