Pure Boost - Natural Pre-Workout - Ingredient breakdown with our Nutritionist
- Citrulline / Vinitrox: These two ingredients are well known for their ability to pump oxygen through the body and increase blood flow allowing you to go harder, better, faster, and stronger! These two ingredients have been shown to improve the use of branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) during exercise and increase levels of the human growth hormone, a protein hormone that improves physical capacity and muscular strength (7).
- Beta-Alanine: Go harder for longer. This ingredient has a reputation for giving people tingling sensations throughout the body, it’s a natural side effect and is the best way to warm you up for the workout you’re about to jump into. This amino acid is an important energy source for muscles and the central nervous system, not only does it support the energy system it’s also used to construct proteins and build muscle mass, further supporting performance and recovery (6).
- Guarana / Green Coffee Bean: Natural stimulation without the anxiety spike. A more concentrated source of caffeine whilst also slow released, when compared to other sources of caffeine that hit quick and are short lived. When these two natural caffeine sources are ingested the neurotransmitters in our brain’s norepinephrine and dopamine increase, this leads to cognition changes e.g., increasing focus and motivation (5).
- Tyrosine: Increase your energy and endurance whilst also improving your concentration and reaction time. Tyrosine has natural stimulating effects, which is why alertness and reaction timing is increased and brain fog is decreased at the same time (4). Tyrosine helps switch your brain into gear to keep you concentrated on your form, speed up your reaction time and maximise your training efforts.
- Schisandra / Ginseng: Beat the fatigue, help your muscles recover and reduce soreness all in one. These two adaptogens will be your bestie, they’ll also assist with the body’s response to physical stresses of exercise such as, inflammation and fatigue, whilst also keeping that energy system stable. These two adaptogens are high in antioxidants which means they help fight free radical damage and lower inflammatory responses in the body (3).
- Taurine: kicking your muscular fatigue to the curb and allowing you to hold a given intensity for a longer period. Supplementing taurine has been linked to improving strength and endurance, thanks to its ability to act as an antioxidant and protect against exercise-induced DNA damage (2). Not only is your training performance going to be positively impacted your recovery will be too.
- B Vitamins: Boost your energy levels and give your workouts 110%, accelerating your results when you’ve got energy in corner. B vitamins play a vital role in maintaining good health and well-being, they are the building blocks for a healthy body, directly impacting your energy levels, brain function (e.g., mood boosting) and cell metabolism. Deficiencies in these micro-nutrients, i.e., B12, are associated with increased risk and incidence of mental health declines (depression, anxiety) (1).
Leave a comment