Celebrate the festive season with these Gingerbread Men. This recipe by the lovely Ashley Forrest of @foodbyforrest was created using our new limited edition Gingerbread flavour Power Plant Protein!
Serves: makes 16 cookies
Time: 50 minutes
1 scoop (40g) PranaOn Gingerbread flavour Power Plant Protein
1 1/3 cup of almond meal
1/4 cup Nava Wholefoods Coconut Nektar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ginger
1 pinch Nava Wholefoods Himalayan Pink Salt
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp molasses
1 flax egg (1 tbsp of flax meal mixed with 3 tbsp hot water)
*flour as needed for rolling surface
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
2. Mix together all the dry ingredients.
3. Prepare the flaxseed egg in a separate bowl & whisk in the coconut oil and molasses.
4. Once combined add to the dry ingredients and fold together to create the dough.
5. Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden slightly.
6. Flour your rolling surface and remove the dough from the fridge.
7. Roll dough to approximately 10mm thick.
8. Use your favourite cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes.
9. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Allow to cool then decorate… or if you can’t wait, then eat!