This Salted Caramel Slice by Claudia Cramer is all kinds of delicious! Claudia is a PranaOn Tribe Member, Nutritionist, Dietitian and Sports Dietitian, so you can ensure this is super nutritious too. If you’re a fan of our ever popular Himalayan Salted Caramel Power Plant Protein then add this recipe to the list. GF, DF, naturally sweetened, amazing.
Salted Caramel Protein Slice
Serves: makes 16 serves
Time: 10 minutes
1/3 Cup Rice Malt Syrup
1 Can Chickpeas (Drained)
1 Cup Almond Meal
80g Peanut Butter
2 Tbsp. Water To Blend
75g Dark Chocolate, melted (aim for 70% cocoa or higher)
- In A Food processor or blender, add the rice malt syrup, drained chickpeas, almond meal, peanut butter, and protein powder.
- Blend until smooth.
- Line a loaf or cake tin with baking paper and press the mixture into the tin.
- Place in the freezer whilst preparing the topping.
- Take the mixture out of the freezer once it is slightly set (Around 5-10 Minutes).
- In a small bowl or mug, add the dark chocolate and melt in a microwave. It should take around 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir the chocolate mixture until smooth and spread on top of the mixture. Use the back of a spoon or spatula until spread evenly.
- Place back in the freezer.
- Cut into 16 pieces when needed.